List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: libgfortran linking problem
From:       Steve Kargl <sgk () troutmask ! apl ! washington ! edu>
Date:       2009-06-27 4:25:03

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 04:00:36PM -0700, Tim Holme wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.   When I try that, the executable throws the error:
>
> >./foo
> ./foo: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.0: cannot
>
> Additionally, when building my program, which requires lapack, I get
> the warning message:
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libgfortran.so.3, needed by
> /usr/lib//liblapack.so, may conflict with libgfortran.so.0

It appears you have (or had) more than 1 version of gfortran
on your system.  The driver program named 'gfortran' can't
find its libraries, and is finding old out-of-date libraries.
You might try

which gfortran
/full/path/to/gfortran --version
/full/path/to/gfortran -v some.f

Next remove all files found by

find /usr -name \*gfortran\*

and re-install gfortran.  Unfortnately, you may need to
re-install software that used gfortran (ie., lapack).

--
Steve