List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: patch(es) to date for fortran-experiments
From:       "Christopher D. Rickett" <crickett () lanl ! gov>
Date:       2007-01-20 7:50:37

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 11:53:45PM -0700, Christopher D. Rickett wrote:
>> i've attached an updated version of the patches that i've made for the
>> fortran-experiments branch.  this one has no changes of substance; it's
>> simply a whitespace/cleanup effort.  the patch is rather long since i
>> changed more than just the patches that i've submitted recently -- i
>> also
>> went through and tried fixing the code that was part of the original
>> patch.  my apologies to the reviewer.  if the diff isn't acceptable, let
>> me know and i'll create smaller diff files.
>>
>> i think i got all of the comments made by Bernhard, and in general, the
>> following changes were made:
>> - added the space between function names and the left paren
>> - space between if/for/while/etc. and the left paren
>> - removed my /* end if/for/etc. */ comments.
>> - indented the curly braces according to given instruction
>> - replaced 8 spaces with tab characters
>> - indented by increments of 2 spaces (instead of the 3 my emacs
>> originally
>> used)
>> - removed dead code and some useless comments
>>
>> that should cover all the changes this patch makes.  again, the attached
>> diff includes whitespace and coding style corrections for all of the
>> patches i've posted so far, and hopefully, a large amount of the
>> original
>> iso_c_binding patch.
>>

> After building and testing the patch on x86_64-*-freebsd, I've
> committed this patch.  Thanks Chris.
>
> Chris, in the future only add ChangeLog entries to
> fortran/ChangeLog.iso_c_binding including the testsuite/gfortran.dg
> and libgfortran changes.  ChangeLog files change so quickly that
> this can get out of sync quickly.
>
> --
> Steve

thanks for looking at this Steve.  the patch got quite a bit larger than i
wanted it to.  i'll try and keep them smaller in the future.  :-)

the next patches i submit should be fairly simple.  the first will be a
couple small changes that were for error checking.  after that, i'll try
and fix the rest of the coding style problems with my code and submit
another patch.

thanks.
Chris