List:       gcc-fortran
Subject:    Re: [gomp] Tiny merge fixes for libgfortran
From:       Jakub Jelinek <jakub () redhat ! com>
Date:       2005-10-30 22:23:49

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 10:40:05PM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 October 2005 23:36, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > 1) on gomp branch, -D_GNU_SOURCE is already in the Makefile.  As is
> > in fpu.c it doesn't do anything anyway, since HAVE_FENV_H is something
> > defined just in config.h which hasn't been included at that point yet.
> > 2) a warning fix for find_file
> >
> > 2005-10-25  Jakub Jelinek  <jakub@redhat.com>
> >
> > 	* runtime/fpu.c (_GNU_SOURCE): Don't define here.

This one relies on the earlier:

2005-10-08  Jakub Jelinek  <jakub@redhat.com>

        * Makefile.am (AM_CPPFLAGS): Add gcc directories as -I paths,
        add -D_GNU_SOURCE.
        * Makefile.in: Regenerated.

part of the thread-safe libgfortran patch (well, just the -D_GNU_SOURCE
part of course).  This one would be probably useful for 4.1 too, I can
create a patch if needed.

> > 	* io/unix.c (find_file): Pass &st[0] to stat instead of &st.

This one was just a fix for an earlier patch on the gomp branch.
The changes to find_file etc. were needed to avoid referencing of global
variables in there (ioparm in particular).  So I believe that change makes
sense only together with the whole thread-safe libgfortran changeset.
As that wasn't deemed to be appropriate for 4.1, it is now maintained
on gomp branch and I'd like to post it for approval and merge it soon
after 4.1 branches.

	Jakub