List:       gcc
Subject:    DWARF2 vtable_elem_location
From:       Daniel Berlin <dberlin () redhat ! com>
Date:       2000-07-30 20:31:16

Currently, g++ only outputs the slot *number* for a vtable location of
a function.

The standard says it is supposed to be the address of the slot in the
vtable.

It would really make GDB's life easier for C++ debugging (seriously,
I'd be able to remove so much crufty code it's not funny) if it would
actually give us the real address in the vtable.

I'm happy to wait for DWARF 2.1, which seems to make this explicit,
and makes it easier to not bloat the debug info when doing this
(By adding dwarf procedures since most of the calculation should be
constant, and thus, not repeated all over the place), but I just
wanted to ask.
--Dan