List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: Re:"Is it dead yet?"
From:       Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer () dbai ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-01-29 19:27:57

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000,     wrote:
> The 1750A files that are with the GCC releases conform to this
> standard. You definately want to keep these files as they are.

Perhaps you made some improvements or fixes to these files that you
could submit? If we really keep that port, that definitely would be
nice. (If you look at the ChangeLogs you'll notice that some cleanups
have been made last year by Jeff Law and others, when changing some
basic GCC structures.)

If the scope of your new development really is that small as to be only
interesting to a single customer, I agree that it's probably not the case
to integrate that.

However, it still might be worthwhile to put the changes on your web
server and submit it for inclusion at <http://gcc.gnu.org/extensions.html>

Of course, if you made improvements to generic parts of the compiler
to accomodate the new design, these would be interesting in any case.

Gerald