List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: genattrtab.c [Am I on drugs?!?]
From:       Jeffrey A Law <law () cygnus ! com>
Date:       1999-09-30 19:33:39

  In message <199909301904.MAA25990@zack.bitmover.com>you write:
  > I did it because the pointer slot was the only one ever used, and
  > HOST_WIDE_INT might be wider than a pointer, so using rtunion would
  > waste memory.  So this isn't an old bug at all.
OK.  Good.  So I'm not losing my mind.  This is a fairly recent change
and just exposing a latent bug (I still consider the old code buggy, if
it wants to copy rtxs, then that's what it should copy, not rtunions).

  > Graham's suggestion of changing tests to an array of rtx looks good to
  > me.
Agreed.  And that's what I did locally so that I could actually get some work
done on this port while we researched the problem.

jeff