List:       gcc
Subject:    I'm having questions regarding use of gcc on ppc.
From:       Steven W Orr <steveo () world ! std ! com>
Date:       1999-09-30 14:20:09

Reading specs from
/u1/ns/exl/ttools/powerpc-elf-sol/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-elf/egcs-2.91.57/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.57 19980901 (egcs-1.1 release)

We have a collection of object files that need to go through a loader
script. We are discoveringthe we are getting new partitions that we didn't
create in either the loader scrip or in the object code. Some of these
partitions are called .got, .got2 and .fixup . Does anyone knw any
information about these partitions. I need to know where they are all
documentd, any ordering requirements that they may have or any usefule
information about them. This is for an embedded app. This may be the wrong
place to ask this question. If there is a better place, please let me
know. Thanks.

--
----------Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana.----------------
--------Stranger things have happened but none stranger than this.-------------