List:       gcc
Subject:    Please help merge the major changes
From:       Richard Stallman <rms () santafe ! edu>
Date:       1998-04-26 6:19:47

EGCS was started to provide a test-bed for trying out new features in
GCC and bringing them up to snuff.  It has done this job well, and
some major features are considered solid and ready to go into GCC 2.

Enabling EGCS and GCC 2 development to work together is extremely
important for the GNU project.  So I'm looking for volunteers to help
with this job, by identifying these major features (one by one), and
helping to get them installed.  Would you please send me email if you
can help?

If you would be willing to help, if only some obstacle or difficulty
did not exist, please talk with me anyway--even if you think it is
impossible to do anything about the difficulty.  Perhaps I can find a
way to bypass it.  This work is so important for the GNU project that
I would like to have a chance to try.

In the mean time, please slow down on adding new major changes to
EGCS.  It is hard to aim at a moving target.  Please give the people
working on the merging a chance to catch up.