List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: Proposal for new organization of gcc
From:       Alexandre Oliva <oliva () dcc ! unicamp ! br>
Date:       1998-01-13 9:38:49

Richard Stallman writes:

>       In a perfect gcs, I'd be able to
>     download the gcs backend and the language front-end, build them with
>     the installed C compiler and install that, and I'm done.

> I think that already works now.

I couldn't make it happen, but I can't say I've tried too hard.  All I
have to say is that it is not as easy as simply removing the back-end
and the C front-end directory from the source tree, or by issuing
configure flags such as --disable-back-end --disable-language-c

--
Alexandre Oliva
mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org