List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: New problems with gcc-2.8.0 based code - NOW FIXED!
From:       Jeffrey A Law <law () cygnus ! com>
Date:       1997-12-29 15:46:13

  In message <199712290718.AAA13426@wijiji.santafe.edu>you write:
  >     Just compiled my 2.1.76 kernel once  again this time using egcs-971225
  >     to see if the `-funroll-all-loops' still persists.
  >
  >     IT'S FIXED!
  >
  > Is it fixed in the latest GCC snapshot?  If not, the job isn't done
  > yet.  Can someone identify what change deals with this, and get it
  > installed in GCC?
Manfred -- What was the failure mode?  Mis-compiled code, compiler
abort, etc?

The only unrolling bug we've fixed recently was a problem with
find_splittable_givs trying to split givs with a dest_reg that was
created by loop.
(which could cause either a segfault in unroll, or incorrect code).

We fixed this in egcs back in late Nov.  I can forward that fix to
gcc2 if the maintainers want to look at it.

jeff