List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: Usage of the C++ stdlib unordered_map in GCC
From:       Tim Lange <mail () tim-lange ! me>
Date:       2022-08-31 15:22:26

On Mi, Aug 31 2022 at 10:35:08 -0400, Jason Merrill via Gcc
<gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> Generally we want to use the GCC hash_map because it works with GCC
> garbage
> collection (and PCH).  Is that not relevant to your patch?
>
> Jason

The map is only part a short-lived visitor object inside the analyzer
and is used to map svalues to other svalues (in most cases <15 kv
pairs). I'm new to GCC, so I started of using what I knew. Only later,
I have noticed that the unordered_map is used little to nowhere. It is
not much effort to change it but I just wondered whether the usage is
so low because GCC only lately switched to C++11 or other reasons. The

- Tim