List:       gcc
Subject:    [GSoC] Incremental LTO
From:       Mahesh Hegde via Gcc <gcc () gcc ! gnu ! org>
Date:       2022-03-30 16:38:20

Hi all,

I am a student from Bangalore, India. I'd like to participate in GSoC 2022.
The idea about incremental LTO caught my eye.

> At the moment, LTO re-optimizes and generates code for the whole program
or library if just one object file changes, even an insignificant way. The
contributor working on this project will write code determining what
changes in LTO input are significant for various stages of LTO processing
and try not to redo the work which is would lead to the same results as
before.

Is there a sample project I can try to get familiar with the code? I
suppose this will involve optimizing WHOPR phases. Is there any literature
I should get myself familiar with?