List:       gcc
Subject:    Automotive News
From:       "Operation Kidsafe International" <info () kidsafeprints ! com>
Date:       2018-06-25 17:47:04

To commemorate Adamson Ford's 100th year in business, employees were
asked to put on their thinking caps.

Rather than having one big party or event, the managers collectively
decided to have each department sponsor events that involve its customers
and give back to the community, Linnea Israel, dealer principal,
told Automotive News.

Operation Kidsafe
For February, the store partnered with Operation Kidsafe,
a fingerprinting and child safety program, to hold a one-day event.
"We invited the public to come and bring their kids.
We cooked hot dogs, had bouncy houses ... face-painting,
[and] the first responders from the Birmingham Fire Department came,"
Israel said. "It was a great event and we probably fingerprinted
150 kids that day."

After getting fingerprinted, each child received an
Amber Alert bio document, a detailed report of a child that
is to be given to authorities if the child is ever missing.

"After the success of that first weekend, we decided to be the
sole provider of this service so we leased [the system] from
Kidsafe for one year," Shaw said.

The staff is trained in how to fingerprint and get the identification
information to the parent, and the equipment is placed prominently in
the showroom, Shaw said.
"We do a lot of different events, but we thought that was a good
kickoff to our hundredth year because it focused on the children
of our customers," Israel said. "God forbid that anybody should ever
have to use that information, but if this allows the police to respond
faster in an emergency, then I feel like we've contributed something
to the quality of life in this community."

For information on Operation Kidsafe available dates and market
openings, contact Mark Bott, The Founder of the program.

Operation Kidsafe
1207 S. 8th St.
Springfield, IL 62703
217-535-4100