List:       gcc
Subject:    gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-exprparen.c Out of stack space.
From:       Jack Howarth <howarth () bromo ! med ! uc ! edu>
Date:       2008-12-22 14:40:51

   The regress tester for powerpc-apple-darwin8.5.0 has been failing...

FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-exprparen.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-exprparen.c  -O1  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-exprparen.c  -O2  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-exprparen.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  (test for \
                excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-exprparen.c  -O3 -g  (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-exprparen.c  -Os  (test for excess error

since http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-07/msg02753.html (r138218).
Unfortunately there was a large gap in the regress builds before this (from the \
tuples merge perhaps). The last build without the errors was \
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-07/msg00727.html of 137613. Geoff Keating \
suggests the fact that the gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-exprparen.c now produces the \
error...

Executing on host: /Users/regress/tbox/native/build/gcc/xgcc \
-B/Users/regress/tbox/native/build/gcc/   -O0  -w -c  -o limits-exprparen.o \
/Users/regress/tbox/svn-gcc/gcc/testsuite/gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-exprparen.c    \
(timeout = 300) Out of stack space.
Try running 'ulimit -S -s unlimited' in the shell to raise its limit.
compiler exited with status 1
output is:
Out of stack space.
Try running 'ulimit -S -s unlimited' in the shell to raise its limit.

FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/limits-exprparen.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)

...indicates that it is no longer checking that GCC's stack space is
reasonable. I'll open a PR for this against 4.4.0.
                      Jack
ps I don't see this myself on a dual G5 with 4 GB running darwin9
but regress is a G4 running darwin8 with, I assume, much less memory than that.