List:       gcc
Subject:    cxx-reflection branch ?
From:       Tarmo Pikaro <tapika () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-05-31 19:44:51

Hi !

I'm wondering whether cxx-reflection branch is still active or alive ?
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/projects/cxx-reflection/

I've already tried to contact Gabriel Dos Reis [mailto:gdr@acm.org]
but received no responce from him.

Based on what I have found on web pages and in forums last update
in cxx-reflection branch was made really long time ago.

There exists some alternatives, like Reflex:
http://seal-reflex.web.cern.ch/seal-reflex/gendict.html
but it's not really tested with latest gcc 4.x branches - so
I'm bit sceptic of trying that one.

1. Is it possible to revive branch and takeover over it's development ?
2. Is it possible to get assistance from gcc team on detailed knowledge
of how gcc works internally (I have already background studied gcc issues
but I guess I will need more details.)

Another issue - is how do you debug gcc - do you gdb or ddd ?
I still haven't found any deasent (fast and easy to use)
debugger for ELF formatted files (in windows), and bit afraid of
any futher development without deasent debugging support.

--
Have a nice day!
Tarmo.