List:       gcc
Subject:    AspeCt-oriented C (ACC) Release V 0.6
From:       "Michael Gong" <mwgong () cs ! utoronto ! ca>
Date:       2007-05-30 19:30:12

Hi,

We are pleased to announce the release of AspeCt-oriented C (ACC) V 0.6.

The ACC 0.6 release includes some experimental features and a new script
"tacc" for automatically integrating aspect-compilation in building
large C-based software projects.

For more details and download, please visit http://www.aspectc.net.

Highlights of ACC V 0.6 include:
        1. preturn() statement inside advice, allowing advice functions
to return immediately from the function containing the matched join
point
        2. try() pointcut, catch() advice and throw() statment, allowing
the adding of exception handling to the core systems via aspects
        3. support for "fileName" and "targetName" to the thisJoinPoint
structure.
        4. introduce a new set of compiler tools, including "tacc" and
"accmake".

We appreciate feedback and support for AspeCt-oriented C.

Additional slides for presenting and promoting ACC are available from
our web site.

Finally, with ACC V0.6, ACC is able to bootstrap itself.

Regards,

ACC Team ( www.aspectc.net )

May 30, 2007