List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: Copies of the GCC repository
From:       Kevin Puetz <puetzk () puetzk ! org>
Date:       2005-10-29 16:24:10

Daniel Berlin wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 22:40 +0100, Paul Brook wrote:
>> > I am still working on tarballs of a .svk/local dir for people.
>>
>> Any reason you're doing a tarball instead of a bootstrap dump?
>> http://svk.elixus.org/?SVKBootStrap
>

> Same thing, more or less :)

Yes and no - the problem with using a tarball is getting the UUID changed.
And this is *important*, at least for anyone who wants to use svk to
maintain local branches, rather than just to avoid a text-base in the
checkout.

I'm not actually sure what the 'right' approach to changing the uuid in a
repository tarball is, though uuidgen > $repo/db/uuid before using it is
*probably* ok.