List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: symbol_ref constants
From:       James E Wilson <wilson () specifixinc ! com>
Date:       2005-03-31 19:15:27

Sanjiv Kumar Gupta wrote:
> But I don't want to
> allow expressions like (const:SI (plus:SI
> symbol_ref:SI) (const_int)) in the insn.
> How should I do that, do I need to implement
> LEGITIMATE_CONST_P () accordingly?

Try making CONSTANT_ADDRESS_P reject the value.

Though it still isn't clear why you are getting relocation errors.  If
addresses wrap around at segment boundaries, then this should just work
fine.  a-40 gets converted into a very large positive segment offset
that then wraps around back to a when 40 is added to it.  Perhaps the
assembler/linker need some work to handle this correctly.