List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: No way to scan-tree-dump .i01.cgraph?
From:       Jeffrey A Law <law () redhat ! com>
Date:       2005-02-28 17:23:56

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 17:08 +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It seems the current dg infrastructure does not support scanning
> tree-dumps dumped via -fdump-ipa-XXX because they are labeled
> differently.  I worked around this by replacing
>
>     set output_file "[glob [file tail $testcase].t??.[lindex $args 1]]"
>
> with
>
>     set output_file "[glob [file tail $testcase].???.[lindex $args 1]]"
>
> but I'm not sure if this is the right way.
It's as good as any.  If you wanted to solve an even bigger problem,
find a clean way that we can delete the bloody files.  I got lost in
the maze of tcl/expect code when I tried :(

> Also I need to do more complex matching like the number X in line
> matching PATTERN should be the same as Y in line matching PATTERN2.
> Is there a way to do this with dg?  Or is it better to output
> an extra line to the dump file during compile for the condition
> I want to check?
I'm not immediately aware of a way to do this.  One of the major
limitations of the framework is the inability to do anything other
than scan for simple patterns and count how often the pattern
occurs.
jeff