List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: Patch approval process suggestion
From:       Bruce Korb <bkorb () veritas ! com>
Date:       2003-03-31 19:41:42

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> I'd much rather keep current state of affairs, and track patches
> awaiting approval by looking for `Ok to install?' or just `Ok?' in
> their bodies.  This would automatically rule out patches posted (and
> installed) by maintainers with global write privileges, and follow-up
> patches to messages that approved patches conditioned to minor
> changes.

I don't deal with this stuff on a daily basis, so it's more your call.
I was just imagining really elaborate schemes that would wind up
buggy or unimplemented.  I suggested a key phrase at the start 'cuz
then this message wouldn't trigger an approval check, even if it were
containing a sample patch.  :-)  (It contains "Ok?" and "Ok to install?",
*plus* 'Patch' in the subject. ;)  Main suggestion:  keep requests simple
and unambiguous, and reduce responses to a mouse click and a simple form.
A "good thing" for those of who are time constrained (or lazy).

Cheers - Bruce