List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: Building OpenOffice with GCJ?
From:       Tom Tromey <tromey () redhat ! com>
Date:       2003-03-31 15:41:16

>>>>> "Jakub" == Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> writes:

Jakub> There is a whole lot of proprietary closed source classes
Jakub> packed in OOo.

Jakub> When I was trying to build the XML parser using GCJ, I was
Jakub> unsuccessful, so what we ended up doing is writing a different
Jakub> XML parser

This part we can probably fix, one way or another.  You might have run
into the known XML problem, namely that libgcj includes one version of
the XML code and you can't link in two versions of the same class.
There's a workaround in place for this in 3.3 -- the XML code was
moved to a separate library.  (If it wasn't that, but was some other
problem, we'd like to know...)

There's not much we can do about code that relies on Sun internals,
though.  If RMS has someone who is interested in looking into this, it
sounds like they should start by rewriting those parts of OOo.

Tom