List:       gcc
Subject:    Passes for a new porting
From:       "gabriele" <gabriele () caracausi ! it>
Date:       2003-03-31 8:38:07

Hello All!

This question is for people who made a porting to a new target.
Probably this is a stupid question but I have this doubt.

I'm working on the porting of a new target and I've read many other portings
of architectures similar to mine.

I've looked that many of these portings are very complex (file .md) and this
thing scared me but probably these are the result of many months or years of
hard working.

So if I want to port to a new target initially have I to refear only to
standard documents (i.e. original GCC documentation) without scaring me of
the complexity of existent portings?

This strategy'll direct me to success in my project?

Thanks all.
Gabriele Caracausi
Palermo (Italy)