List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: cache misses in gcc 3.3
From:       Tim Josling <tej () melbpc ! org ! au>
Date:       2003-02-13 19:26:55

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> Tim Josling <tej@melbpc.org.au> writes:
>
> | How about:
> |
> | Parsing/tree building: nnn.n
> |
> | If agreeable I will submit a patch in due course.
>
> I would prefer a separate entry for tree building.
>
> -- Gaby

So would I - but there would be hundreds of thousands of calls out of the
parse; to wrap these in timvar would be prohibitive. One approach I thought of
could be to do sampling by setting regular interrupts based on timeouts and
check if the IP pointed into bison (i.e. a kind of poor man's gprof), however
it would be difficult to do this portably.

Tim Josling