List:       gcc
Subject:    Broken -m128bit-long-double support
From:       Volker Reichelt <reichelt () igpm ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2002-11-29 21:10:58

Hi,

I just wanted to bring the issue of the broken -m128bit-long-double
support to attention:
It has been broken for quite some time now (did it ever work?)
and there seems to be no activity to fix the problems.

For a short analysis of the problem, see audit-trail of PR 4490
(Richard Henderson put the PR in suspended state).
In the meantime we got at least three other bug reports about the
same problem (PR 5894, 8426, 8760) which shows that people get
bitten by the buggy option.

Shouldn't we do something about the option?
a) Fix it?
b) Document (in the manual) that it is broken?
c) Remove it?
d) ... ?

Regards,
Volker