List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: Objective-C++
From:       Joe Buck <jbuck () synopsys ! COM>
Date:       2002-02-07 0:24:00

> Stan Shebs wrote:-
>
> > But seriously, people using GNUstep ask about ObjC++ regularly,
> > and all I can say to them is that Apple will support it in Apple's
> > version of GCC, but that it's up to the SC as to whether it's
> > included in FSF GCC, and they haven't yet announced a decision.
>
> Of course, it's the SC's decision.  But IMO, it'd be a bit daft to have
> an Objective C compiler and refuse an Objective C++ compiler.

While no final vote was taken, it seemed that the consensus the last time
this was discussed seemed to be that it would be better to wait until the
parser rewrite to integrate Objective C++, since we plan to throw away the
current C++ parser in favor of Mark Mitchell's rewrite, meaning that if we
integrate before that work is complete then we have to do duplicate work.