List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: included file in std_algorithm.h
From:       Phil Edwards <pedwards () disaster ! jaj ! com>
Date:       2001-12-31 3:55:49

A couple of initial points:

1)  I've removed gcc-gnats from the To: header.  That list isn't what I
think you think it is.  :-)

2)  Please turn off that annoying autoresponder you have hooked to your
email.  If I wanted to know whether my message reached you, I'd use the
return-receipt-requested header and let the mailservers do the work.

> #include <bits/c++config.h>
>
> However, the only file in bits which comes close is
> c++config [nb:  no .h].  I suppose that shows the
> importance of _that_ header file.

It's critically important.  Have a look at include/Makefile.am.

> BTW, I am working on updating the whole libstdc++
> in both programming style and the use of #includes
> which someone mentioned should only be in the
> standard library files.

Before you spend too much time hacking code, you should write up what
exactly you plan to do, and send it to the libstdc++ list.  It would truly
be a pity if you wasted your time.

> One other question, why are the files referred to
> by <cxxxxxx> in one (or is it two) separate directories
> from the other <xxxxxxx> C++ standard headers?
> What differentiates c_std from c_shadow?  I think it
> might be wise as a hint to put the carry-over, non-
> namespace C headers in include/deprecated, any thoughts?

was the most recent summary of this.

Phil