List:       gcc
Subject:    Re: KDE hackers, please read (was [nathan@codesourcery.com: Re: GCC
From:       Joe Buck <jbuck () synopsys ! COM>
Date:       2001-12-10 19:44:14

> Yes, if you really, really know what you are doing and you are willing
> to write code that is unportable, or that does not make use of many
> language features, and you know the ABI, you may be able to get away
> with this.
>
> You are, however, playing with fire.

No kidding.  Elaborate reference counting mechanisms to make sure we don't
delete code objects where we still have data objects whose vtables don't
point there, the quirks of five completely distinct dynamic linking
systems on different OSes, etc.  On the other hand, I used g++ in 1990.
That was fire, man.