List:       gauntlet-user
Subject:    [GAUNTLET-USER] Re: Gauntlet Newbie Questions
From:       "Kevin Butters" <kevin () hollinet ! com>
Date:       2000-11-30 17:11:34

Q1. Simple enable POP3 and SMTP proxies and place them in trusted policy. If
users have their workstations with default gateways back to firewall, and
Transparency is on, the operation is seamless. Users can set local SMTP and
POP3 in Internet emailer to external servers.

Q2.  No need to use NAT for proxied traffic. The source address is changed
to the source IP of the firewall after is passes through the proxy.
This is contrast to firewalls like Checkpoint and SonicWall that require
NATing for outbound connections.

Q3. Plug is for TCP ports. Packets screens are used for UDP and when using
NAT. Pay attention to the actions of the packet screens
Absorb:
Absorbed to open proxy

Forward with Reply:
Retains source address of primary IP on firewall. Needs to be on
oneinterface traffic will be received on. Not used with NAT

Forward without Reply:
Retains source address of orignator. Used with NAT. Should be configured on
each interace.

Kevin