List:       gauntlet-user
Subject:    [GAUNTLET-USER] Unexpected Behavior in GVPN FTP Proxy using NT domain authenticat
From:       "Jackson, Jerome" <jjackson () IGEN ! COM>
Date:       2000-08-31 16:44:23

Sorry if this hits the list twice I may have made a mistake with the first
post...

	I am noticing strange behavior with the FTP proxy on a WinNT4
GVPN5.5 SP1 HF1 server when using NT4 domain authentication:

	When creating an account (using domain authentication) where a user
has some password ending with the character '@', the ftp proxy will not
allow access. Replacing the '@' with some other character ('#' for example)
fixes the access problem. I have confirmed this behavior on at least two of
our GVPN systems. Does anyone have insight into this behavior? In light of
the possibility that "current and future development of Gauntlet NT has been
stopped" I suppose the fix might be running Solaris...

Thanks,
Jerome

 This electronic message transmission and any attachments are
 confidential and may constitute legally privileged information of
 IGEN International, Inc. The information is intended for solely
 the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not
 the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
 disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in
 reliance of this information is strictly prohibited. You are not
 authorized to retain it in any form nor to re-transmit it, and
 you should destroy this email immediately.

 If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
 please notify us by telephone (800-336-IGEN) or by electronic
 mail (by replying to this e-mail) immediately.