List:       gauntlet-user
Subject:    Re: GUI for Oracle SQLNET Proxy not working
From:       "Kent Arnott" <arnottk () valero ! com>
Date:       1999-01-21 21:52:10

There is a document on the www.tis.com website that talks about the SQL
plug.

basically it says that the sql proxy only works on NT.    Version 4.2 of
gauntlet supports
this plug on UNIX.

hope this helps,
ka

Kent R. Arnott
Valero Energy Corporation
arnottk@valero.com

"Jacob, Raymond A" <Jacob.Raymond@HQ.NAVY.MIL> on 01/21/99 03:42:04 PM

Please respond to gauntlet-user@rmsbus.com

To:   Kent Arnott/PEUSA
cc:
Subject:  GUI for Oracle SQLNET Proxy not working

Background:
Gauntlet 4.1
HP-UX 10.XX
Browser Netscape 3.04,4.05,on NT and HP-UX.

I can add, update, and modify plugs on firewall,
but I can not use the gui to configure the SQLNET proxy
on a firewall using the GUI. Also, I can not get past
the opening screen when I run the GUI on the firewall.
On another firewall, I can add, update, modify,
and configure the SQLNET proxy using the GUI. However,
I can not copy over the netperm-table for security
reasons.
>From snippets here there and everywhere.
I think the sql gateway should be configured in the
netperm-table in the following manner

sql-gw: host my.host.com sqlnet
sql-gw: permit-sid inside.clients.*  external.oracle.server database_id
sql-gw: deny-sid   * * *
sql-gw: deny-host *

or if I could configure it as service.

sqlnet1-gw: permit-host inside.network.1 sqlnet-gw-policyTrusted
sqlnet1-gw: permit-host inside.network.2 sqlnet-gw-policyTrusted
sqlnet1-gw: permit-host inside.network.n sqlnet-gw-policyTrusted
sqlnet1-gw: deny-host * sqlnet-gw-policyTrusted
sqlnet-gw-policyTrusted: port sqlnet1
sqlnet-gw-policyTrusted: permit-sid external.oracle.server database_id
sqlnet-gw-policyTrusted: deny-sid * *
sqlnet-gw-policyTrusted: *

sqlnet2-gw: permit-host inside.network.1 sqlnet2-gw-policyTrusted
sqlnet2-gw: permit-host inside.network.2 sqlnet2-gw-policyTrusted
sqlnet2-gw: permit-host inside.network.n sqlnet2-gw-policyTrusted
sqlnet2-gw: deny-host * sqlnet2-gw-policyTrusted
sqlnet2-gw-policyTrusted: port sqlnet2
sqlnet2-gw-policyTrusted: permit-sid external.oracle.server database_id
sqlnet2-gw-policyTrusted: deny-sid * *
sqlnet2-gw-policyTrusted: *

Once I add this, I can not figure out from the man pages how
to start the sql-gw?

Question1 : Am I anywhere near right on guessing howo to configure
the Oracle Sqlnet proxy? -If you know what I need to do to turn
on the Oracle logging I would appreciate that too.

Question: How would I start this proxy once I configure it?
My guess is:
sql-gw -daemon -as sqnet1-gw 1221 -service sqlnet-gw 1221

Does anyone know?

Thank you,
Raymond