List:       garnome-list
Subject:    garnome on solaris?
From:       Martin Man <Martin.Man () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2006-03-22 9:13:57

Hi all,

forget my ignorance, but google reveals nothing,

I have tried latest garnome-2.14.0 on solaris express 11 (nevada) and I
have found some basic well-known problems.

1. garnome somewhere inside uses /bin/sh to execute scripts, but in fact
it *really* needs /bin/bash

2. garnome uses GNU tar, make, patch that are prefixed under pure
solaris as gtar, gmake, gpatch.

I'm right now working on fixing this, but I'd like anyone experienced to
give me some initial clues where to fix what so that my patches are clean.

thanx,
Martin