List:       ganglia-general
Subject:    [Ganglia-general] New metric problem
From:       Javier Ruiz <alu3726 () etsii ! ull ! es>
Date:       2012-03-21 18:15:31

Hello,

I have been asked to add a new metric (the power consumption) to a
cluster that uses a really old Ganglia installation (version 2.5.7)

I am using something like:

gmetric --dmax 10 --name CURRENT -v $value --type float -unit ampere

But I can't get the metric in the XML tree.
I checked that with telnet localhost 8649 |grep CURRENT

Do I have to change something in gmond.conf?

Many thanks for any hint!

--
Javier Ruiz
alu3726@etsii.ull.es
Research Assistant
Department of Statistics and Computer Science
La Laguna University
Av. Astrofísico Francisco Sánchez, s/n, 38271 - La Laguna (SPAIN)
---
"Pointers are like jumps, leading wildly from one part of the data
structure to
another. Their introduction into high-level languages has been a step
backwards
from which _we may never recover_." --- Anthony Hoare
---
Personal:
Javier Ruiz
Tel (+34) 616 95 93 94