List:       ganglia-general
Subject:    Re: [Ganglia-general] Ganglia compilation error
From:       Daniel Pocock <daniel () pocock ! com ! au>
Date:       2012-03-19 14:19:04

I can build amd64 binaries on Debian amd64 systems - that was the
platform used for developing the 3.1.7 release

Your error suggests some sort of confusion between i386, x86_64 and
amd64 - can you specify just what you are aiming to build:
- you want 32 bit or 64 bit binaries?
- if 64 bit, are you specifying x86_64 or amd64?

There are particular issues with the nested configure or libmetrics, it
may cause pain for people cross-compiling (e.g. building arm binaries on
Intel boxes, or even building i386 binaries on 64 bit hosts)