List:       ganglia-general
Subject:    Re: [Ganglia-general] node addition
From:       solarflow99 <solarflow99 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-21 17:39:05

thats not usually critical.

> Use caution. =A0This single box with all the gmonds is now a single point=
 of failure for all your clusters. =A0Any problems with this box mean you'l=
l lose metrics from all your clusters.

Not if you're running in EC2, you can't have a head node when they are
going up and down all the time.

> In fact, I think it's better to configure several head nodes, so if one d=
oes go down gmetad can switch over to a secondary data source and you will =
still be able to get metrics from your cluster.

---
Write once. Port to many.
Get the SDK and tools to simplify cross-platform app development. Create =

new or port existing apps to sell to consumers worldwide. Explore the =

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-appdev