List:       ganglia-general
Subject:    Re: [Ganglia-general] Adding hosts to cluster in gmetad
From:       Maciek Lasyk <docent.net () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-17 15:33:40

I finally resolved problem... I must say - bloody hell..

Firstly thanks to everyone for Your responses / help. Alex wrote a
reply that made me to think other way:

> On your gmond machine, try 'telnet localhost 8649'.  That will give you an XML dump \
> of all the metrics gmond knows about.  I suspect you'll only see 1 host.  You may \
> need a 'bind' IP in your udp_recv_channel configuration.
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ganglia/wiki/Gmond%203.1.x%20General%20Configuration#udp_recv_channel
>
> alex

I tried to telnet to localhost on any gmond node but couldn't - I had
to add that bind=IP_ADDR to the udp_recv_channel - but it still didn't
help. After adding this I was able to telnet to localhost and get XML
data from gmond but gmetad on other machine still didn't get data from
all the nodes - just from the one..

But I hang on again on the
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ganglia/wiki/Gmond%203.1.x%20General%20Configuration
- and realized that udp_send_channel is the IP/hostname of gmetad not
gmond as I entried in gmond.confs... Bloody hell!

Thanks for Your responses. After all i had only to add hostnames of
all nodes to /etc/hosts to get names instead of IP addrs in gweb and
for now it's everything working like a charm :)

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011