List:       ganglia-general
Subject:    Re: [Ganglia-general] multiple cluster directives
From:       solarflow99 <solarflow99 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-16 16:44:52

What I had to do was run an instance of gmond -c configfile for every
cluster, with each one using a different port.

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 3:57 AM, Alexander Karner <AKA@de.ibm.com> wrote:
> If you want to have all of your systems in one cluster it should work with
> one central gmond.
> You should have everywhere the same clustername in gmond.conf and use the
> central system as host in the udp_send_channel configuration.
>
> In gmetad.conf you should use the same clustername (e.g. "Production") and
> the central gmond server for collecting data.
>
> I use this actually to collect the data of all systems in cluster
> "Standalone"
>
> If you want to have separated clusters I guess there are two options (whe=
re
> I'm not sure if the 2nd option really works):
> 1) In every cluster define at least one head node and use that for
> communication with gmetad (I use this for all of the partitioned System P
> machines in my environment)
> 2) You have to define an private udp port for every cluster. The central
> gmond is configured with matching udp receive channels. Gmetad collects t=
he
> data from the central gmond with different ports for each cluster.
>

> From: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0solarflow99 <solarflow99@gmail.com>
> To: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net,
> Date: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A015.12.2011 16:47
> Subject: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0[Ganglia-general] multiple cluster directives
>

> Is it possible to have multiple cluster directives in gmond? =A0I am
> trying to have all different cluster nodes send to 1 gmond receiver in
> unicast. =A0Can this be done, or do I have to have multiple gmond
> daemons running each with their own config file?

---
Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011
Microsoft is holding a special Learn Windows Azure training event for =

developers. It will provide a great way to learn Windows Azure and what it =

provides. You can attend the event by watching it streamed LIVE online.  =