List:       gambas-user
Subject:    Re: [Gambas-user] DateBox popup transparency issue
From:       Randall Morgan <rmorgan62 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-09-23 17:18:58

Hi Beniot,

Try this for checking desktops. It works for me on Ubuntu 12.04. This of
course is a BASK script...

if [ "$XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP" = "" ]then
  desktop=$(echo "$XDG_DATA_DIRS" | sed 's/.*\(xfce\|kde\|gnome\).*/\1/')else
  desktop=$XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOPfi

desktop=${desktop,,}  # convert to lower case
echo "$desktop"

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Benoît Minisini <
gambas@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Le 23/09/2014 17:46, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > someone reported an issue with DateBox's chooser popup. After
> double-clicking
> > on a date, the popup would stay halfways transparent and flicker
> according to
> > the mouse movements. The attached screenshot kind of shows this. Project
> is
> > also attached.
> >
> > After it didn't happen on my system, we found out that replacing gb.gui
> with
> > gb.qt4 fixed the symptom. His system:
> >
> > [System]
> > Gambas=3.5.4
> > OperatingSystem=Linux
> > Kernel=3.13.0-36-generic
> > Architecture=x86_64
> > Distribution=Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
> > Desktop=GNOME
> > Theme=QGtk
> > Language=en_US.UTF-8
> > Memory=16030M
> > [Libraries]
> > Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11301.0
> > Curl=libcurl.so.4.3.0
> > DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.7.6
> > GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
> > GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.204.0
> > GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.23
> > OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0
> > Poppler=libpoppler.so.44.0.0
> > Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.6
> > SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >

> I guess this is an Unity thing... By the way, it detects the desktop as
> being Gnome. If someone knows a way to detect that it is actually Unity.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?