List:       gambas-user
Subject:    Re: [Gambas-user] make install errors
From:       "Ron_1st" <ronstk () tiscali ! nl>
Date:       2009-01-26 23:22:44

On Monday 26 January 2009, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On lundi 26 janvier 2009, Ron_1st wrote:

---8<---

> > !!! hu what does gb.form.list have to do with gb.desktop and the path
> > /root/.local/ ????
> >

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Ron_1st
>
> Apparently you have compiled the same version of Gambas on different
> locations, without removing the previous installation before installing the
> new one.
Yes correct.
1st in home/src/gambas
got the /root/.local/ so maybe a (k)ubuntu sudo problem?

2nd in /root/src/gambas
and got again the /root/.local/

> To uninstall Gambas, you had to run "make uninstall".
Stupid me, forgotten this

> Now you have to clean up your system, by removing the removing the symbolic
> links created in /usr/bin. Their names are "/usr/bin/gb?3". Then you can
> run "make install" again.
? They are out of box from svn in /usr/local/* instead /usr/* here. ?

> Regards,

OK makes sense as usual :)
Search for other gambas files : mime parts : deleted
For 98% no more found.

The only diff seen is gambas-database-manager, one with 2 other without 3

Now I have all in /usr/local/ as gambas2 and gambas3 files.

The thing that got my attention is the info and list goes
to the wrong path for componenten written in gambas.
all the other list and info files are in /usr/local/share/gambas3/info

The /root/.local/gambas3 is empty so try with symlink to
the /usr/local path
Less errors to see.
A common error is gb.form, gb.de.form and gb.form.mdi

gb.xml
gb.xml.rpc
gb.xml.xslt
Installing the components...
Compiling gb.settings...
OK
Installing gb.settings...
Compiling gb.info...
OK
Installing gb.info...
Compiling gb.form...
Cannot read component list file: /root/.local/share/gambas3/info/gb.form.list
/root/src/gambas/trunk/comp/src/gb.form/Balloon.class:5: Unknown identifier: Control

root@terminator:~/src/gambas/trunk/comp/src/gb.form# ./gb.form.gambas
No protocol specified

(gb.form.gambas:2318): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

Question Gtk ?? gtk-dev is all installed and kubuntu uses QT.

The problem with display :0.0 is known why.

Still investigating :)

Best regards,

Ron_1st