List:       gambas-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gambas-devel] Change to gb.db.odbc to use ODBC Connection Strings.
From:       ML <d4t4full () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-09-25 10:22:24

On 2015-09-24 16:14, Beno=EEt Minisini wrote:
> Le 24/09/2015 21:09, ML a =E9crit :
>> Beno=EEt,
>> Upgraded to 7335, it is still OK.
>> I'll try DELETE, INSERT, etc now instead of just SELECT. For these =

>> commands, ODBC's SQLRowCount should return the actual row count, as =

>> documented.
>> Regarding code formatting in ODBC's main.c, I concur, it's awful. On =

>> the plus side, it works!
>> I don't know if it is that badly written (I doubt my C can make it =

>> better), but I can of course try to make it at least look nicer.
>> Seems you respect my C more than I do!
>> Regards, =

> I mainly thought about reindenting the code. By doing that, you will =

> be able to understand the code better, and maybe you will find some =

> strange things or useless code, as I did with query_fill().
> A quick but important test is using the IDE database browser to =

> connect to an ODBC databse, and see what happens, what crashes... If =

> you can do that it would be cool.
> Regards,
Beno=EEt,
Ok, I'll review/realign the code in the Gambas ODBC driver and will =

submit the finished mess to you for inclusion.
On the other hand, as I did in the past with VB6, I never used the DB =

facilities included in the IDE. I will try them, as well as a couple of =

the data-bound controls, and will report back to you.
Regards,
zxMarce.