List:       gambas-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gambas-devel] Components name and installation
From:       Patrik Karlsson <pata.karlsson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-06 20:19:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

2012/8/6 Beno=EEt Minisini <gambas@users.sourceforge.net>

> Le 23/07/2012 11:46, Patrik Karlsson a =E9crit :
> > One more thing regarding installing,
> > http://gambasdoc.org/help/dev/gambas?v3#t19
> >
> > "You can install the component
> > <http://gambasdoc.org/help/def/component?v3> in your home directory by
> > checking the corresponding option in the "Make executable" dialog."
> >
> > I cant get this 'per user' install to work, it does not show up in
> > gambas among the other components. I just put
> > my gambas3-trixon-testa.gambas in ~/.
> > What is the "corresponding option"?
>
> Sorry, this is a Gambas 2 only thing.
>
> > The same component works just fine when installed globally.
>
> In Gambas 3, you really make components for global things, i.e. reusable
> software not tied to a specific project.
>
> But you can make libraries instead. They are Gambas projects that you
> can link in the project property dialog. They library executables must
> be installed in the same directory as the main project using them at
> runtime.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Beno=EEt Minisini

Thanks for clearing that up. My goal is to produce a component but I had
some trouble making the dev cycle smooth when having to install it globally
before testing it from a "calling project" everytime. Later I notised that
I could link a component executable as a library so its all ok now. (unless
I need the classes visible in the IDE palette at design time).

/patrik