List:       gambas-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gambas-devel] FMOD GB Library
From:       Rob <sourceforge-raindog2 () kudla ! org>
Date:       2004-11-23 19:57:47

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 13:33, Bodard Fabien wrote:
> > I created library FMOD for Gambas to mix MP3 audio file,
> > include VU meter, Lenght audio MP3, Pan and more... Tested
> > in Sound Blater Live 5.1.
> Where is the lib ?...

It will be impossible to distribute the resulting component with
the Gambas base, at least as an RPM, because the source code for
FMOD is not distributable (and costs a minimum of $1,000 for a
single project.)

The binary library is free for non-commercial use though so I
will be interested to see how his Gambas component pans out.
With 1.0 just about here, it may be a good time to establish a
procedure for packaging and distributing components separate
from Gambas anyway.

Rob