List:       gambas-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gambas-devel] Application.Env[] working
From:       Rob <sourceforge-raindog2 () kudla ! org>
Date:       2003-11-22 22:43:38

On Saturday 22 November 2003 17:35, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> I have just done the same thing... I didn't make the Count
> property, because it is useless, but I can do more:
>  Application.Env["PATH"] = ...

I was too chicken to wrap setenv, yeah.  But the Count isn't
entirely useless.... I don't know if gambas can be made to take
different types for the same argument, like

Application.Env["PATH"] uses getenv() and gives you the contents
of PATH, e.g. /bin:/usr/bin:...
Application.Env[27] gives you name of the 28th environment
variable, e.g. SHELL

but if it can, and if I get my act together and write the code to
handle it, you could do this:

For i = 0 to Application.Env.Count
	name = Application.Env[i]
	print name & "=" & Application.Env[name] & "\n"
Next

...to iterate over Env[]  I'm not sure there's a valid reason to
want to do this, but I know I have done so when debugging CGI
scripts ;)

Rob