List:       gambas-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gambas-devel] About Watching and Wait()
From:       Rob <sourceforge-raindog2 () kudla ! org>
Date:       2003-10-28 22:43:14

On Monday 27 October 2003 17:04, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> I must implement the same thing in the interpreter, so that
> you can watch file descriptors AND call the WAIT instruction
> without using the QT component.

Does this tie into the ability to go

SHELL "somecommand" WAIT

and still get output back without having to redirect output to a
temp file and File.Load it?

I'm looking for something like the backtick operator in other
Unix interpreted languages.... e.g. perl :)

By the way, I finally uploaded Gambas to Mandrake Cooker contrib
today.... so, maybe it'll be in contrib for the next Mandrake :)

Rob