List:       gallery-users
Subject:    Re: Additional info [Gallery-users] Slow - 6 alb. 4136 pics. need help.
From:       "Neel Patel" <pateln () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-06-30 1:16:02

----- Original Message -----
From: "Goetz Kohlberg" <hardtrancer@t-online.de>
To: <gallery-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2002 4:49 AM
Subject: Re: Additional info [Gallery-users] Slow - 6 alb. 4136 pics. need
help.

> >I moved (manually) my 4000+ pictures from ImageArcadia and I have a
>  >problem. load time for the first page is unbelievable.
>
> Sorry, maybe a stupid question.
> What does that mean if I have lets say 100 albums with a lot of nested
> subfolders and each final album contains around 100 pictures.
> Giving my gallery about 50.000 pictures - would this be an unloadable
> gallery then?
>

> --
> Goetz Kohlberg
> Chefredakteur Techno-Bonn.de
>
> Danziger Str. 17
> D-53757 St. Augustin
>
> Mobil: +49 171 54 64 500
> ab 18 Uhr: +49 2241 923 200>

I have a massive massive gallery...bharat knows about it..i do daily updates
almost..and many many many albums...itz really nutz..and quite popular..with
many hits...and my server has become really slow...so ..it is doable..i have
around 13210 pictures at the moment...i'm hopin thatz a record...anyone have
more? hehe...oh btw site is www.patelnet.ca if anyone cares to check it out

so yes the 50, 000 pics would probably be doable, but under the current
system (serialized data files) ...itz pretty slow...waitin for g2! ...