List:       gallery-users
Subject:    Re: [Gallery-users] libnetpbm.so.10: cannot load shared object file:
From:       "Bharat Mediratta" <bharat () menalto ! com>
Date:       2002-06-29 0:07:56

From: "jack l" <foreverlove63@hotmail.com>

> I checked Troubleshooting and found out a similar error not on
> libnetpbm.so.10: but libnetpbm.so.9:
> <<<
> Q:  When I try to run NetPBM from the command line I get jpegtopnm: error
in
> such file or directory
> A:  Your problem is that your NetPBM binaries are dynamically linked and
> when they are run under Apache, they can't find the libraries they need
(in
> this example it's libpnm.so). How you fix this depends on your system, but
> it generally involves using the ldconfig program. On Linux, the solution
is
> to add the directory containing libpnm.so.9 to /etc/ld.so.conf and then
run
> ldconfig -v as root. On FreeBSD, you want to run /sbin/ldconfig -m
> /path/to/libpnm.so.9 as root (probably at system boot time).>>>>
>
> Will it work on my case also?
> I don't know how can I fix it that way as I don't have access to  servers
> roof.

If you don't have root access, it's a bit trickier. Probably the easiest
thing for you to do would be to download the NetPBM binaries from the
Gallery download page as they're statically compiled and won't have this
problem.  There *are* tricks you could do with library preload paths
and shell scripts to work around the issue, but frankly I don't think it's
worth the effort.

-Bharat