List:       gallery-devel
Subject:    [Gallery-devel] Installing Gallery3, help?
From:       Tom <siggma () trbailey ! net>
Date:       2009-01-24 0:34:23

To be sure I'm doing this correctly lets follow along:

svn co
https://gallery.*svn*.sourceforge.net/*svnroot*/gallery/*gallery3*/trunk
gallery3
<https://gallery.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gallery/gallery3/trunk>
I'm in the right place, yes?

Then, from inside the gallery3 directory, as apache2 user I do this:
php installer/index.php -h localhost -u xxxx -p xxxxx

I get:
==> Couldn't create var/database.php
So I manually create gallery3/var and run install again and I get an
existing database error.
I delete the gallery3 database and rerun install again:
Your Gallery has been successfully installed!
We've created an account for you to use:
  username: admin
  password: xxxxxx

Navigating to the page I see the scaffold page.
Clicking the Browse gallery link I get a nice orange box saying:
Fatal error: Cannot access protected property
Kohana_Exception::$template in /var/www/gallery3/kohana/core/Kohana.php
on line 1638
Call Stack
#    Time    Memory    Function    Location
1    0.1513    660588    Kohana::exception_handler( )    ../Kohana.php:0
2    0.1514    660588    Kohana_Exception->getTemplate( )
../Kohana.php:826

Now I can't get back to the scaffold page. I get a zero byte reply from
squid.
I delete the database, check all permissions, delete the var directory,
create it again double checking permissions and run install again.
Your Gallery has been successfully installed!
We've created an account for you to use:
  username: admin
  password: xxxxxx

This time the scaffold page gives me:
 Fatal error: Cannot access protected property Kohana_Exception::$code
in /var/www/gallery3/kohana/core/Kohana.php on line 821
Call Stack
#    Time    Memory    Function    Location
1    0.1497    659364    Kohana::exception_handler( )    ../Kohana.php:0
2    0.1498    659364    Exception->getCode( )    ../Kohana.php:821

Is this really me and/or my system?

-Tom