List:       gallery-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gallery-devel] nightly download Questions
From:       "Gaynor McCartney" <gaynormcc () xtra ! co ! nz>
Date:       2009-01-20 11:39:40

Thanks Bharat,
I do understand it is a work in progress.

I did expect it to open though because, when Brandon was teaching me how to
access g3, the earlier nightlies did work from the process I used here -
which is documented in my tutorial for novices.
http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery3:Tutorials:Installation

I guess that is now incorrect.

It was a good exercise though aqnd I hope demonstrates how a novice Joe or
Jane Public needs things explained in a tutorial.

Gallery has been wonderful for me, because it enabled me to attempt geeky
things like adapting themes etc. Without Gallery I would never have ventured
into geekdom.
I do know I have been heavy on help from the team in forums etc, and have
really appreciated their patience with me.
My intention in writing "Tutorials for Novices" is to help others attempt
these things without needing to be heavy on the Support team. Also in time,
when armed with a set of these tutorials, perhaps I can be part of the
Support Team and be more use to you all.

Gaynor. (amateur apprentice geek)