List:       gallery-devel
Subject:    [Gallery-devel]  G2.3 JS Causing Abnormal (Re)Loading of Page..
From:       ozgreg <g2develop () galleryembedded ! com>
Date:       2008-05-21 5:18:49

I been adding some debugging trace ability into WPG2 since 3.05 to help out in \
support and to give me the ability to better detect problematic program flows..

In G2.2 I am use to seeing this behaviour when I display the Gallery2 Content (WPG2 \
Embedded Page).  Events are in recent to old age order

WPG2 PAGE ISDONE()
WPG2 ISDONE()
WPG2 SET GLOBAL WPTITLE TO » Gallery
WPG2 LOGGED IN WP:1 G2 ID:357
WPG2 INITALISED G2
WPG2 PAGE: 5 TRIGGED

However in G2.3 I now see the following events (in recent to old age order)

WPG2 PAGE ALREADY ISDONE()
WPG2 G2 SESSION RESUMED
WPG2 LOGGED IN WP:1 G2 ID:357
WPG2 INITALISED G2
WPG2 PAGE: 5 TRIGGED
WPG2 PAGE ALREADY ISDONE()
WPG2 G2 SESSION RESUMED
WPG2 LOGGED IN WP:1 G2 ID:357
WPG2 INITALISED G2
WPG2 PAGE: 5 TRIGGED
WPG2 PAGE ISDONE()
WPG2 ISDONE()
WPG2 SET GLOBAL WPTITLE TO » Gallery
WPG2 G2 SESSION RESUMED
WPG2 LOGGED IN WP:1 G2 ID:357
WPG2 INITALISED G2
WPG2 PAGE: 5 TRIGGED

As you can see basically the WPG2 Embedded page has been re-rendered three times, at \
least in the second and third cases Gallery2 had correctly detected the content had \
already been sent and threw a isdone.

I am pretty sure the issue is being caused by the two new JS's \
core.CombinedJavascript and slideshow.DownloadPicLens.  When these two JS's are \
loaded I see the behaviour above, comment them out and it returns back to the \
expected G2.2 behaviour..

Unfortunately I cannot trace @ this level with Gallery2 to see if the JS is doing the \
same thing when directly displaying the content or this issue is only when displaying \
G2 content via an embedded app.