List:       gallery-devel
Subject:    Fw: [Gallery-devel] create link
From:       "Larry Menard" <larry.menard () rogers ! com>
Date:       2006-05-31 12:56:08

   I guess I'll wade into this too...

   Be careful to not think too much like Developers... think like your
simplest User.  I think that many Users won't know what hard or soft links
are, and so on.

   The word 'cheap' would send me running away... it could be interpreted as
'low quality'.

   The average User would likely associate the word 'Copy' to the end-object
(the image), not the under-the-covers metadata.  So I agree with those who
didn't like that.

   I am familiar with Linux, UNIX and Windows environments (but am primarily
a Windows User), and if I understand the original question correctly, it
sounds to me basically like a Windows 'Shortcut'.

   Question:  Why don't we just ask that Usability person (I forget her
name) what she thinks is appropriate?
Larry Menard
"Defender of Geese and of All Things Natural"
E-mail and MSN Messenger: larry.menard@rogers.com
Web: http://ca.geocities.com/larry.menard@rogers.com