List:       gallery-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gallery-devel] & before function name
From:       Beckett Madden-Woods <beckett () beckettmw ! com>
Date:       2006-04-26 13:46:24

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 12:04:44PM +0200, Jens A. Tkotz wrote:

> Please no short answers like "RFTM" or "call by reference"

Return by reference. OMGWTF RTFM!!!!

  [de] http://www.php.net/manual/de/language.references.return.php
  [en] http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.references.return.php

Just kidding ;)

I put up a small example here. Maybe it's more helpful:

  http://tools.gallery2.org/pastebin/268

Notice to return by reference successfully, the assignment must use
"=&" and not "="... so you *really* know when you have a reference, I
guess :?

-BMW

--

|  Beckett Madden-Woods    |  beck@beckettmw.com
|  1 Fourth St #4          |  (203) 858-5183
|  Norwalk, CT 06855-2403  |
                w  c(..)o  w
                    /\/\  (